Artists: Submit your own maps at makemapsproject@gmail.com
Twitter: @MakeMaps

























The Great Outdoors by Lucy Gough

Lucy's alluring map contribution arranges the patchwork-patterns of her countryside, so we can all go roaming about the fields with her...

"I have always been fascinated by the beauty and abstract quality of aerial maps. I particularly love the patchwork effect created by years of farming the same fields.
For my map I produced an abstracted view of rural countryside. It has purposefully been made using generic shapes and an empty compass and map pins. My intention is for anybody to be able to customise the map by utilising the compass and pins and adding landmarks, roads and rivers."

Lucy's artwork mixes stylised drawings with lovely hand rendered typography; have a look at her work here; www.lucygough.com
Nice one Lucy, Thanks!