Artists: Submit your own maps at makemapsproject@gmail.com
Twitter: @MakeMaps
The Arctic Circle by Holly Wales

Illustrator, educator, writer, felt-tip pen hoarder and studio buddy Holly Wales has made this beautiful Map of the Arctic circle. The map comes complete with a Walrus, Polar Bear and my favourite sea-bird: an Arctic tern.

"I find it really interesting that the way we imagine the world is relative to our position in it; the UK-centric weather maps I saw every night on TV when I was growing up is a long way from this map which focusses on the wildlife and position of the Arctic Circle, with just a small footnote to reference the UK. And I love Walrus!"

Amazing map Holly! Make sure you have a good rummage around Holly's portfolio here: www.hollywales.com and keep an eye on her excellent blog here: www.hollywales.blogspot.com