Artists: Submit your own maps at makemapsproject@gmail.com
Twitter: @MakeMaps
Montpellier by Benoit Cesari

Discovering a beautiful map of somewhere you've never visited can be incredibly intriguing, and it can also alter your next travel plans. When Benoit sent me his wonderful yellow and blue map it immediately made me want to visit his town, and discover the textures and typography all for myself.

"This is a map of Montpellier, a city in the south of France where I live. It's a very sunny city and the sea is not far away, which is why I chose to use two primary colours; yellow and blue. I have also represented the various neighbourhoods of the city in different lettering styles.
The city has a mix of ancient and contemporary architecture and is a very dynamic place due to all the students who come to study here from all over Europe.
Montpellier was featured in the New York Times article The 45 places to go in 2012 and that made me very proud"

This is a great map, thanks Benoit! Find out more about Benoit and see more of his colourful and playful illustrations over at his website: www.bnito-art.com