Artists: Submit your own maps at makemapsproject@gmail.com
Twitter: @MakeMaps

Mickleover by Jake Richardson

Derby University illustration student, Jake Richardson, sent us this awesome map of his home suburb of Mickleover. Jake used the project as a way of developing his illustration style, as well as discovering more about somewhere he [thought] he knew so well. 

"In this map I decided to record my local suburb of Mickleover in the UK. To do this I recorded many points of interest that indicated the character of this area. Also through this process I’ve found new locations and gained new insight into where I live. I’ve also used this as an opportunity to develop my method of producing illustrations; this involved creating each layer individually and layering them over one another."

Thanks for the great artwork Jake! Have a look around Jake's illustration portfolio here.

If you want to create a map of somewhere you belong get involved!